Monday, May 11, 2009

Happy Birthday to Draiman!

I'm a little late posting this, but Draiman's 2nd birthday was on the 2nd of May. It's official. I no longer have any babies in my house. Now it is filled with the joys and constant noise and trouble of two little boys.

Draiman was a little sick so we didn't do anything big, but he had a good time anyway. As with all birthdays in our house, we started the day by making his cake. For months he has been asking for a Thomas the Train cake. I had even bought little cake toppers that would make it super easy. But . . . the day before his birthday he decided he really wanted a Spiderman cake. Good thing that's a super hero that I can actually draw! Despite the last minute change, it turned out okay and Draiman loved it (which is all that matters anyway).



That night we had a simple celebration with just our family at home. We had cake and ice cream and Draiman got to open his present from us.



The next evening the grandparents came over and, to his joy and wonderment, Draiman got to open more presents!



Thank you Grandma and Grandpa Spotten and Papa and Kelly for coming! Draiman loves his presents and it's always nice to have family so close to share times like this with us.

2 comments:

Misty said...

Bobbi!

You are amazing! I hope you don't mind me calling you every day when I have 2 boys of my own causing trouble!

Coop, Trish, and the kids said...

Happy Birthday!
I know you can relate best to my household, but.... HOLD ON TO YOUR HAT cuz it's going to get crazy (as if it hasn't already).